Index Page- Toxic Metals
Toxic Metals have Endocrine Disruptive Effects
Toxic metals are significant factors in many types of Cancers
Index Summary- Toxic Metal Effects- Children-
Developmental, Cognitive, & Behavioral Effects of Toxic Metals
Bernie Windham- Ed.
1. According to a report published by the National Academy of Sciences, 50% of births in the U.S. in the 1990s resulted in birth defects, significant developmental or neurological conditions, or other significant chronic conditions. The majority of these appear to be related to prenatal and postnatal toxic exposures . Toxic metals are documented by EPA and the U.S. Dept of Health to be the most significant and common of these exposures and to affect millions of children.
2. Mercury and toxic metals are neurotoxic, endocrine-disrupting ,and damage the immune system (17,100,101,105). They cause spontaneous abortions & birth defects , chronic developmental conditions , neurological conditions , cardiovascular conditions , and immune conditions to millions of children. Most children get significant exposure to mercury and toxic metals, that can be verified by simple, relatively inexpensive tests (32). The majority of the thousands of children with chronic neurological conditions that have been tested by clinics which use such tests were found to have toxic levels of mercury or other toxic metals, including lead, arsenic, antimony, tin, nickel, and aluminum.
3. There has been a huge increase in childrenís neurological and developmental conditions such as autism, schizophrenia, ADD, learning disabilities , etc. and in immune conditions such as asthma, eczema, diabetes , and allergies. Inflammatory effects on the brain and immune system due to toxic metal exposures (mercury, aluminum, etc.) and excitotoxins like vaccines, aspartame, MSG, and high fructose corn syrup are major factors in such inflammatory conditions. Mercury and toxic metals have been found to inhibit enzymatic processes required to digest milk casein and wheat gluten, resulting in dumping neurotoxic substances like Beta Morphine-7 and gliadin in the blood, which are the main cause of the schizophrenic symptoms in children with schizophrenia, autism, and ADHD. This is why the commonly prescribed casein-free, gluten-free (CFGF) diet is effective at reducing such effects.
4. Mercury is extremely neurotoxic and immunotoxic . Mercury and toxic metals also form strong bonds with the hydroxyl radical(SH) in the bodyís basic building blocks and cellular fuel, amino acids, and blocks cellular level enzymatic processes such as those that convert cysteine to sulfates,
etc. This results in an inability to properly digest amino acids
such as milk casein, wheat gluten, and sulfur foods; and results
in neurotoxic metabolites such as beta-
hydrogen sulfide, and sulfites in the blood and systems. The
majority of children with these condition show significant
when avoiding these foods, and after proper tests and
treatment for metals toxicity.
5. Infants commonly have gotten significant exposures to mercury from thimerosal in vaccines and from transfer across the placenta of motherís from amalgam dental fillings and from breast milk of motherís with amalgam fillings or who eat a lot of fish. Motherís dental amalgam is the largest source of mercury to the fetus of mothers who have amalgam fillings. High exposures to lead from house paint, soil, lead solder in water fixtures, etc. is also common, along with exposures to arsenic from pressure treated wood and food, antimony from fire protective materials like Scotch guard, aluminum from cookware and processed food, nickel from dental materials such as crowns and braces, and cadmium from shellfish, fish, and other sources.
6. Mercury and toxic metals also accumulate in the hormonal glands and adversely affect hormone system function and regulation of the pituitary gland, thyroid, hypothalamus, and adrenal glands as well as the pancreas . These affects along with neurological effects result in widespread cases of ADD , depression , anxiety, hypothyroid conditions , and other neurological and hormonal effects.
7. Toxic metal exposures and the resulting metabolic imbalances and disorders have been found to be a major factor in violent prone behavior, sociopathic behavior , juvenile deliquency , criminality, and mass murderers/serial killers .
8. There is a growing crisis of neurological and immune developmental problems affecting U.S. infants and children related to toxic exposures and inflammatory excitotoxins from the environment, the food chain, and exposure though doctor or dental practices.
9. For some other websites of clinics and medical labs with good information on testing and treatment of these conditions see: Great Smokies Diagnostic Lab, ( www.gdx.net ) click on (by condition) and search News (for autism, ADHD, depression, etc.)
Brain-Balance Clinics - Natural Treatment for Autism and PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorders) (
10. Based on experience of many treating these conditions, toxic metals and essential mineral imbalances are almost always present in PDD conditions such as autism, ADD, schizophrenia, learning disabilities, etc. And chelation/ detoxification have been found to be by far the most successful treatment method for childrenís neurological conditions like autism and Aspergers Disease , according to a survey of many thousands of parents by the Autism Association, and also the treatment with by far the least significant adverse effects.
For a good screening test for toxic metal exposures and essential mineral imbalances a hair elements test which is inexpensive and easy can be made through your doctor by ordering the kit from www.doctorsdata.com or www.gdx.net
Without a doctor, a kit can be ordered from Great Plains Laboratory
A blood test kit for mercury can be ordered from Quicksilver Scientific at www.quicksilver.com